“Your faith will help you realize that it is Jesus Himself Who is present in the Blessed Sacrament, waiting for you and calling you to spend one special specific hour with Him each week. “- Blessed Pope John Paul II
As Adorers of Christ, we share in the joy of the Beatification of Pope John Paul II, on this great day of Divine Mercy. A truly humble servant of Christ, who lived a life of heroic virtue, is now counted among the blessed in heaven. We are eternally grateful for the Holy Father’s spiritual writings on the Eucharist, given to us in his encyclicals. His prolific words stand as a beacon of truth in a world that is indifferent; one that does not find value in spending time in the Lord’s Real Presence. May the proclamation of the Holy Father, now beatified, give you strength in your conviction to keep watch before the Lord in your Holy Hour each week.
TEN EXEMPLARY REASONS TO ADORE OUR LORD: FROM BLESSED POPE JOHN PAUL II
1. It leads to a deeper participation in and appreciation of the Mass.
2. Priestly, religious, and missionary vocations will stem from our Holy Hour.
3. (We) contribute to the sowing of the Gospel during our Holy Hour.
4. The spiritual lives of our families are strengthened through our Holy Hour.
5.To live the Eucharist, it is necessary, as well, to spend much time in adoration in front of the Blessed Sacrament.
6. Our adoration makes us more sensitive to the needs of our fellow man.
7. In adoration we draw the whole world with us and raise it to God.
8. Teach young people the value of Eucharistic Adoration.
9. In the Mass and in Eucharistic Adoration we meet the merciful love of God through the Heart of Jesus Christ.
10. May we dwell long and often in adoration before Christ in the Eucharist. May we sit at the 'school' of the Eucharist.
In Jesus and Mary,